‘Ready For Racing’ Virtual Style Event in association with the Irish Injured Jockeys Fund
Study the form and get your glad rags ready for the Red Mills ‘Ready For Racing’ Style Event taking place from the 12th to the 14th of June, to celebrate the return of racing at the Curragh. With a total prize fund worth €4,000 and a top prize including a Staycation Package at the Gorgeous Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny, proceeds from the event will go towards the Irish Injured Jockeys Fund.
From the 8th of June, racing in Ireland recommences behind closed doors, and with RTE expanding their live coverage of racing fixtures, the ‘Ready For Racing’ event is the perfect opportunity for all the family to get dressed up and watch some great sporting fixtures.
There are 10 categories in total including the overall winner, who will walk away with prizes worth over €2000 including a Two Night Staycation Package for 2 adults at the fabulous Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny – with Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & choice of activities such as Falconry or Archery from a daily programme. Also included is a 50 minute spa treatment each to enjoy at Oasis Spa.
Top Stylists Marietta Doran and Emily O’Donnell will be judging all of the style over the course of the weekend, and categories will include the traditional Best Dressed Lady, Best Dressed Gent, but there’ll also be some more inclusive categories like ‘Most Dapper Dog’ and ‘Best Headwear’ so even if you don’t go for the full rig-out, you can still join in the fun!
Marietta: “I am so excited to be judging this wonderfully stylish and super fun competition. It’s a great excuse for all the family to get their glad rags on and support this fantastic charity.”
Emily: “This is a great opportunity for everyone in the family to dress up, have some fun and support a very worthy cause. I’m really looking forward to seeing what everyone ‘styles up’ for the competition.”
How to Enter
1. To register for entry, first submit your donation of €4 per category to the event fundraising page by clicking on the DONATE button below. All of the proceeds for this event are going to the Irish Injured Jockeys Fund.
2. During the course of the competition – from 12pm on Friday 12th June until 7pm on Sunday 14th June – post a picture of your entry to social media with the name of the category you wish to enter & tag our 2 judges & Red Mills.For instagram – the accounts to tags are as follows: Marietta Doran, Emily O’Donnell, Red Mills StoreFor twitter – the accounts to tag are: Marietta Doran, Emily O’Donnell, Red Mills StoreFor facebook – post your pic to the Red Mills Store wall on facebook – don’t forget to make sure the post is public so that the judges can view it!
We’ll be announcing the Sponsors and Prizes for each category daily on our instagram
1. The Overall Best Dressed Winner will receive a total prize worth €2,000 and consisting of:
– A Two Night Staycation Package worth €1,000 for 2 adults at the fabulous Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny – with Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & choice of activities such as Falconry or Archery from a daily programme. Also included is a 50 minute spa treatment each to enjoy at Oasis Spa.
– PLUS a €500 voucher for luxury ladieswear brand Welligogs – browse the collection here
– PLUS a €500 voucher for the RED MILLS Store –
2. Best dressed Lady
3. Best dressed Gent
4. Most Stylish Couple
5. Best Footwear
6. Best Headwear
7. Best Make-Up
8. Best Hair
9. Most Stylish Kid
10. Most Dapper Dog
Many thanks to all of our Event Sponsors for their generosity and helping us to come up with some really exciting and much coveted prizes for each of the categories:
Lyrath Estate, Welligogs, Fairfax & Favor, Mount Juliet, Hicks & Hides, Alison Roe Millinery, Hicks & Brown, Lady Lorna Emporium, Valley of Roses Perfumes, Jennifer’s Hat Emporium.